Driving a car is a passion for many people. Driving through and experimenting with challenging roads is certainly a fantasy. However, safety comes first. The different features provided in the car will ensure safety when used in the right manner. In this regard, car indicators hold a very responsible place.
Indicators are the best way to communicate your driving objective and the next immediate decision to the other travellers on the road. Here is a brief on how you can use the car indicators correctly.
What is a car indicator?
Car indicators are located on the right and left-hand sides on the front and rear sides of the car. It is used to pass on your intentions to the people on the road to ascertain a warning and exclusively designed to make driving safer.
How to use the car indicators the right way?
Car indicators have to be used in the right manner to ensure a secure drive effortlessly. Here are a few ways to use car indicators correctly:
- Whenever you turn on the right or left side of the road and heading towards that direction, you must ensure that the appropriate indicator lights are on. It will let the driver present behind you know which direction you would take.
- If you are going through a roundabout, you have to signal your direction, whether you are moving towards the right, left or straight, for the others to calculate your move and make the corresponding decisions. Ensure to let the drivers on your right move first in this situation.
- Making a U-turn is crucial on a busy road. First, you have to communicate it to the driver behind you to slow down by turning on the indicator lights. Also, the others on the side will stop passing by and let you go for safety reasons.
- While travelling on long roads with many lanes, it is extremely important to turn the appropriate right or left lights before changing the lanes to avoid accidents. A driver driving a vehicle very fast behind you can crash if you don’t turn on the car indicators on time.
- While overtaking, it is important to turn the indicator on before overtaking and further before getting straight on the lane to avoid confusion among the others on the road.
Ensure to use the car indicator beforehand to give the other cars sufficient time to adjust and plan their movement accordingly. The indicator can be switched on and off with a slight press on the respective indicators with modern and advanced technologies.
Apart from the right and left car indicators, other important intentions also need to be communicated effectively to avoid traffic jams and accidents. For example, the rear lights come on when the brakes are pressed continuously to indicate a warning and inform the driver behind to slow down and even stop if necessary.
In addition, you can use the flashlights in front repeatedly to warn the driver opposite of your presence in case your horn is not functional or if there is an emergency.
Also, when there is a car breakdown or a flat tire in the middle of a road, you have to turn on the parking lights and place the hazard sign near the car to alert the other drivers.
Car warning lights
Car warning lights are important to understand any fault associated with the functioning of your car. It is important to understand to take the next immediate steps to rectify or communicate it to others on the road if necessary. Some of the prominent warning signals are:
- Engine temperature warning light if it has exceeded the normal limits
- Battery charge warning light when the charging system is not functioning well or short of power
- When the car traction control symbol is on, it means the vehicle’s traction control system is deactivated
- If the side airbag indicator is lit, it means there is a fault with the side airbag.
- The clogged air filter light turns on when there is no sufficient air supply to the engine.
- A yellow colour signal on the tire pressure warning symbol indicates low pressure.
- When the lamp out indicator is on, it means there is a fault with one of the exterior lights.
- When the brake fluid light indicator lights up, it means the brake fluid level is low.
- When the engine malfunction indicator light is on, it means the car’s diagnostic system has found a defect that needs to be addressed immediately.
- When the glow plug indicator light is on, it means the glow plug on the engine is warming up and warns the driver not to start the car until the light goes off.
Using car indicators and communicating your intentions is important as a responsible driver. However, due to uncertain conditions or negligence, your car may get damaged by you or another driver too.
Car insurance will help you best in handling such financially stressful situations. You can purchase four-wheeler insurance online and avail yourself of the different benefits. Using the car insurance calculator, you can evaluate and estimate the sum assured in various cases according to your insurance plan.
Car insurance renewal can also be made through a simple online process. Moreover, you can pay the car insurance premium online effortlessly. TATA AIG car insurance renewal is relatively simple and cost-effective.
Road safety is an ultimate necessity. As a primary responsibility, you have to use the car indicators as a medium of communication to make your intentions clear to the other people sharing the road. We have seen how to use the car indicators appropriately to ensure car safety on the road.
Also, insurance for a car is always an extra layer of protection assured to your car. Ensure to hold one and use the online car insurance policy renewal feature to update it appropriately and stay protected financially always!