Precious metal investment has long been popular globally. It allows investors to enjoy a high liquidity level and dodge inflation. It also comes with no credit risk and lets you diversify your portfolio. But while most people consider gold and silver as suitable metal investments, you may also think about putting your money into other choices. Platinum can be an excellent option for precious metal investment in 2022 and beyond.
The popularity of this shiny white metal has become more rampant over the past years. It is because it has a higher boiling point than the other metals. However, if you are still wondering if putting your money on this type of metal is worth every cent, these details will prove the value of this investment. Make sure you have enough precious metals advice before taking the big step on investing your money.
What is Platinum?
Most people can distinguish this metal as a gleaming white material. However, it is heavier, stronger, and denser than white gold. It is also rarer and purer than gold.
Many jewellers also prefer this metal over the other options due to its durability and malleability. They can mould or press it into any shape without the risk of breaking or cracking. It is also shinier and more elegant than other metals.
Why Invest in this Metal?
Putting your money into this precious metal allows you to have a unique investment opportunity. Some of the things you will enjoy if you include it in your investment portfolio includes:
- Low-risk entry for beginner investors who are unsure about what to get for their first venture
- Minimal correlation to the action of traditional assets and survives well during instances of economic recovery
- Broad range of uses in various technologies
Unexpected Uses of this Metal
The Royal Society of Chemistry mentioned that while this precious metal is popularly used for jewellery-making, its primary purpose is to create vehicles’ catalytic converters. However, there are other uses for this metal group that you may have never considered before.
Some of the most uncommon uses of Platinum include:
- Helps Treat Cancer – In chemical forms, this metal can delay or diminish the division of existing cancer cells. It is also used in numerous drugs for treating cancer.
- Makes Vehicle Safer – Silicones cured with this metal are used to cover and secure airbags from their triggering systems. It allows the airbags to stay stable for a long time without the risk of deterioration.
- Boosts Personal Hygiene – There are numerous personal care products like shampoos, lipsticks, and even contact lenses created using the chemical form of this metal. It can also make medical elastomers that help heal wounds rapidly.
- Keeps the Body Warm – The catalysts of this metal can create petrochemical feedstocks. It is the most common raw material needed to develop synthetic rubber, plastics, and polyester fibres to manufacture blankets and clothes.
What are the Best Ways to Invest in this Metal?
The ideal way to put your money into precious metals is to purchase them outright and get your hands on their physical form. Some of your options include buying platinum jewellery pieces, platinum bars, platinum bullion, and bullion coins.
It is also best to put your money on exchange-traded funds (ETFs) through traders with a trustworthy reputation in holding precious metals. You may also seek help from experienced investors who have a vast knowledge of the precious metals industry.
Investing in precious metals will help secure your investment portfolio. You only need to look for reputable sources where you can put your money to avoid the risk of losing your hard-earned funds.