There is a multitude of ways to increase your money in the current year. With the fintech industry, Bitcoin, and other altcoins gaining traction, it’s high time to brush up on your finance handling skills to make the most out of your investments. You don’t need to worry about how much money you make as long as you can handle it appropriately.
PT Unified Trade Indonesia has compiled some tips on how to handle personal finances this 2021:
1. Smart Shopping Practices
First and foremost, you should improve how you distinguish necessities from luxuries. Sometimes, it’s hard to tell your wants from your needs, so you should diligently review your purchases.
Here are some tips on how to shop smart:
- Don’t buy things just to post on social media. If you need to select between a cheaper yet unaesthetic and an expensive aesthetic product, you shouldn’t decide based solely on what looks good for Instagram.
- Don’t be tempted to buy things in bulk. Stores give discounts on products that are about to expire, so you won’t necessarily save when you buy two bottles unless you have a large household that can consume all of those within your allocated budget.
- Compare price differences. Make an informed decision based on quality, durability, and price when buying a product.
PT Unified Trade Indonesia review has revealed that smart spending can go a long way in extending your personal finances.
2. Save a Percentage of Your Income for Emergencies
Regardless of how well your business or job is doing now, you should prepare for the future. There is no permanent job or situation, so you have to be ready for untimely incidents. Sometimes, medical incidents or calamities could cause more expenses.
Save 10% of your monthly salary as your emergency fund, and set it aside for a rainy day. However, don’t start saving until you have settled your outstanding balances or in case another global pandemic comes along.
3. Use Money to Make More Money
It’s common knowledge that the wealthy use their funds to invest in ventures to gain more money. You can create an investment portfolio with various stocks and cryptocurrencies. Companies like PT Unified Trade Indonesia specialize in helping individuals with little to no investment experience.
4. Track Your Credit
One of the most common traps is consuming up to your credit card’s limit. As a rule of thumb, you should try to keep your spending to 30% of your overall limit to ensure that you don’t overspend. Aside from that, it would be best if you took note of all the credit.
5. Check for Transaction Fees or Hidden Fees
It would help if you took note of transaction fees or hidden fees when making online purchases. Sometimes, you end up paying more than you save when ordering online, so you should always check the total bill before checking out your digital shopping cart.
Being smart about your finances will open up infinite possibilities. You can future-proof your life and create more opportunities to make more money. Before you spend your next dollar, make sure you are thinking about your emergency funds and needs.