Meta Description: Planning to get a breast augmentation or a nose lift? But how do you know who the best plastic surgeon is? Keep on reading the article to know more.
Are you thinking of having plastic surgery? If so, you’re not alone – over 15 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States in 2017, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). But with so many options out there, how do you choose the right plastic surgeon for you?
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a plastic surgeon. Here are some tips:
- Make sure the surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). This means that the surgeon has completed a residency in plastic surgery and has passed a rigorous set of exams. You can check a surgeon’s credentials on the ABPS website.
- Look for a surgeon who has experience performing the specific procedure you’re interested in. Ask to see before-and-after photos of the surgeon’s work. There are many plastic surgery procedures, so it’s important to find a surgeon who is experienced in the procedure you’re interested in.
- Choose a surgeon whom you feel comfortable with. You should feel like you can ask the surgeon any questions you have and that he or she will take the time to answer them. You will be spending a lot of time with your plastic surgeon, so it’s important that you feel comfortable with him or her.
- Ask about the surgeon’s credentials and training. Make sure he or she is up-to-date on the latest plastic surgery techniques. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have about his or her qualifications.
- Ask about the surgeon’s experience with plastic surgery complications. All surgeries come with some risk of complications, so it’s important to find a surgeon who has experience dealing with them. Ask the surgeon what his or her complication rate is for the specific procedure you’re interested in.
- Make sure the surgeon has hospital privileges. This means that the surgeon is able to perform surgery at a particular hospital. Check with the hospital to make sure the surgeon you’re considering is credentialed to perform surgery there.
- Ask about the surgeon’s office policies. For example, find out if the surgeon sees patients for follow-up appointments after surgery and how he or she handles post-operative care. The clinic should have a plastic surgery EMR in place. This will ensure that your medical records are well-organized and easily accessible.
- Ask about the surgeon’s fees. Be sure to get a breakdown of all the costs associated with the surgery, including the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fee, facility fee, and any other charges. Make sure you understand all the fees before you commit to surgery.
This is just a starting point – there are many other things to consider when choosing a plastic surgeon. The most important thing is to do your research and make sure you’re comfortable with your choice. Don’t be afraid to ask around or consult with other plastic surgery patients for their recommendations. And remember, you should always feel free to get a second opinion if you have any doubts.